The goal of the Saskatchewan Dressage Development Association is to provide a strong support system for riders interested in the sport of dressage. In the spirit of this commitment, the SDDA is pleased to offer the high performance grants to competitive riders throughout Saskatchewan. The following criteria will be applied to each application:
- Current Equine Canada Sport License holder.
- Current individual member of Saskatchewan Horse Federation.
- Participation in at least one Equine Canada dressage show in Saskatchewan.
- Competitors with scores at third level or above will be given consideration prior to scores at lower levels. Should there not be four
riders to qualify at third level or above, lower levels will be considered if competitors participated at out of province competitions.
- Greater consideration will be given to riders that participated in regional, national or international championships.
- At least one grant will be given to a young rider (age 21 and under). Full time professionals are not eligible unless they are
riding their own horse and do not have other forms of sponsorship for that horse. Such situations will be scrutinized individually as the situation arises.
- Be good ambassadors for Saskatchewan and the Saskatchewan Horse Federation – behaviour and conduct that is befitting of
athletes representing this province.
If you feel you meet the above criteria please submit the following application: including a riding resume from the past twelve months (including supporting receipts), and an annual training, coaching, and competition plan for your horse rider combination for the coming year. (Must be postmarked no later than December 1, 2012).